Re: (PM) Re: How do you shut off LINE0 remotely?

Jay Hennigan (jay@west.net)
Sat, 4 Dec 1999 11:05:10 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 4 Dec 1999, Thomas C Kinnen wrote:

> > Is there a way to turn off line0 or line1 remotely? We have a problem
> > after moving our ISP. Apparently Ameritech has screwed up again! The
> > lead trunk in our hunt is having trouble taking calls. Some connect,
> > some don't. Also, there is tremendous packet loss when they do connect.
> > Connect speeds to this trunk are usually 19,200 to 26,400.
> > Line0 is having the trouble, but line1 on the same PM3 works fine! Also,
> > my other PM3's in the hunt work.
>
> Move the line and see if the problem follows the line. You can try setting
> the line into loopback mode but depending on the switch it may cause all calls
> to be busy even if there are lines free on the other PRIs. Also if you have
> moved try checking the cable and jack.

I think the key word here is "remotely". Other then loopback or perhaps
intentionally changing framing or coding there isn't much that can be done.

That would be a good RFE, a command to set the supervision on a line
to make all channels busy for situations like this.

--
Jay Hennigan  -  Network Administration  -  jay@west.net
NetLojix Communications, Inc.  NASDAQ: NETX  -  http://www.netlojix.com/