Re: (PM) PM3 not seeing users via Radius

Thomas C Kinnen (tkinnen@lucentradius.com)
Fri, 03 Dec 1999 14:41:04 -0800

RSigler - Ziggycom wrote:

> Tom,
>
> What is the procedure to implement a packet trace on the PM3?

Make a filter:

add filter radius
set filter radius 1 permit 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 udp dst eq 1645
set filter radius 2 permit 0.0.0.0/0 0.0.0.0/0 udp src eq 1645

and then:

ptrace radius

Adjust the ports as needed. Also it is much perferred to not do the trace on
the portmaster and do it on another machine on the network as you should
always trace from a machine that is not part of the problem.

Also you could check the log file on the radius server to see if it's getting
requests when the user is not found.

--
Thomas C Kinnen - <tkinnen@lucentradius.com> <kinnen@lucent.com>
[RADIUS Engineer] - LUCENT Technologies INS