RE: (PM) PM3 Dial Back Troubles

A PM3 User (pmuser@speedynet.net)
Mon, 1 Mar 1999 00:41:38 -0500

Hey Thomas...

Thanks for the feedback :)

yes I do have PRI

Did as requested:

pm1> attach s40
Trying 207.166.215.20 ...
Connected - Escape character is '^]'.
AT&n1
OK
atdt9459486
NO CARRIER

however, the no carrier msg took a good deal of time before being displayed.

I tried having it just dial my home to see if our phone would ring, no
luck... I have an ISDN line here by the way and I directed it to the b
channel our home phones are connected to.

I was currently connected with both b channels when trying to call back home
and neither b channel connection was dropped...

Port S40 on the other hand indicates:

the destination is pm1.speedynet.net, the port config is device, direction
is out, status is established, modem is on, start time is now 9 minutes,
idle time is two, out bytes is 558...

So the attach looks aok from a general standpoint...

For kicks also tried sending a call to my analog cell phone, no luck there
either.

It appears to try the connection for 1 minute before reporting no
carrier....

This help at all?

Thanks,
-Scott

BTW, it's Sunday, no you're not suppose to be working ;)