Re: (PM) PM3 Dial Back Troubles

Thomas Kinnen (tkinnen@livingston.com)
Fri, 26 Feb 1999 07:59:25 -0800

"Scott A. Karlo" wrote:
> pm1> show location SMB
>
> Location: SMB Type: Manual
> Destination: Negotiated Netmask: 255.255.255.0

Not good. You should set the address you are asigning them not just letting
them pick ANY address. Also do yout really want to route them 255 addresses?

> Protocol: PPP Options: Quiet, VJ-Comp, Analog
> Group: 2 Max Ports: 2
> Idle Timeout: 0 minutes High Mark: 0 bytes
> Mtu: 1500 Async Map: 00000000
> Username: karlosa Password: XXXXXXXX
> Telephone: 8779194

What is at te other end? You do not need a script is it is a PAP compatiable
router. ALso have you tried a PPP debug also?

----
Thomas C Kinnen - <tkinnen@livingston.com> <tkinnen@ra.lucent.com>
"All of the opinions stated above are my own and not my employer's,
unless they were given to me by my employer"