RE: (PM) Euro PRI troubles...

James Courtier-Dutton (dutton@livingston-ent.co.uk)
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 20:00:46 -0000

Hello Bert
I would just like to add this to my last email.
We had a customer who had a PM3 connected to a BT line here in the UK.
It worked fine, No CRC4 or E-Bit.
They moved offices, and when BT set up the PRI line to the new office, they
started getting CRC4 and E-Bit errors. The Switch at BT was the same in both
cases.
It was down to a faulty cable somewhere between BT switch and the customer
site.
It is now fixed.
I conclude that because of experiences like this, the PM3 is fine, the telco
is normally at fault.
Cheers
James