RE: (PM) Euro PRI troubles...

James Courtier-Dutton (dutton@livingston-ent.co.uk)
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 19:56:39 -0000

Hello Bert
In an effort to try and explain what the errors you are getting might tell
you.
The CRC4 errors indicate that you are receiving Frames with errors in them.
The E-Bits indicates that the other end is receiving errors from you.
On a good line, you should get none of these.
Normally the inward and outward data paths on ISDN30 PRI are down separate
cables.
So CRC4 indicates a bad link to you from the telco.
E-Bits indicates a bad link from you to the telco.
To get the telco to fix this would probably mean getting them to put a bert
tester on the line for 24 hours, but, during this time, your line would
problably be down.
I would say this is a telco issue.
These errors normally will effect modem users, ISDN users will probably not
notice.
It could cause randon disconnects of the modem.
Good Luck
James