Re: (PM) Two Standard 56K Modems, Can they communicate at 56K

Tom Mastre (tom@universal-net.com)
Thu, 25 Feb 1999 09:51:34 -0800

You have to have the 56k modem on the client end connect analog or POTS on
the modem dial into a digital line (PRI, BRI) on the reeving end to get
56k. USR/3Com had a write up on the USR web site about how 56k modems work.
I haven't been there for a while but I'll bet it's still there.

Tom