Re: (PM) NFAS on PM4

Tim Seibert (portadmin@cvn.net)
Mon, 22 Feb 1999 17:00:53 -0500

At 04:36 PM 2/22/99 , you wrote:
>I have a PM4, and it is not supported on 4.0 or 4.0.1
>
>Chris
>
>On Mon, 22 Feb 1999, Tim Seibert wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>> I'm going to be replacing a group of PM3's with a PM4 in one of my pops
>> soon. NFAS is an option available from the local telco (Sprint). I'm
>> looking for comments from anyone who is currently using NFAS on a PM4. Are
>> there any problems I should be aware of before I have the lines
reconfigured?
>> I notice in the PM4 datasheet it has NI-2 in parentheses after NFAS.
>> Currently, I have my PM3's set to DMS-100, since they are connected to a
>> DMS-100/200 switch. Does the ISDN switch type need to be set to NI-2 for
>> NFAS to work? What effect might I encounter if I set it to NI-2 without
>NFAS?
>> Thanks for any advice you can give me.

Ok, so I went back and reread the datasheet. I had previously only done a
quick scan of the site for NFAS, and come up with that page. I guess I
need to read everything a little closer next time.

I could have sworn that NFAS was in the ComOS that was shipping with the
PM4's when they were originally going out. So, anyone who was using the
earlier beta and configured for NFAS had to stay with beta and couldn't
upgrade to a released version? I'm really interested in this option.
Across the 14 PRI's in this one hunt group, I can save more than the cost
of one of them, and gain an additional 12 lines if NFAS was available.

--
Tim Seibert ( seibertt@desupernet.net )
D&E SuperNet -- South Central PA's Local Internet Provider -- (