RE: (PM) Acer HCF 56k PCI data/fax

...Charlie... (csimpson@preferred.com)
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 16:54:01 -0500

Hello,

Yes it is, I would suggest the following string to lock him at v.34 for a
starting point.

+MS=V34,1,300,33600,300,33600

Also later drivers can help this situation here are the .145 drivers from
the Zoltrix site.
You have to be a little care when using other companies drivers as you might
lose the sound capability of the modem. You might want to check the Acer
site and see what version they have.

...Charlie...

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-portmaster-users@livingston.com
[mailto:owner-portmaster-users@livingston.com]On Behalf Of Travis M.
Landry
Sent: Sunday, February 21, 1999 4:14 PM
To: portmaster-users@livingston.com
Subject: (PM) Acer HCF 56k PCI data/fax

Is this based on the Rockwell HCF chipset??? I have a user with one who
continually gets the error "DUN cannot negotiate a compatible set of
prorocols with the server" ALL setting are correct. I have checked them
myself.

Travis M. Landry
Technical Support,
Innova.Net
http://www.innova.net
landry@innova.net

As a fellow Internet provider once said:

"On a day no different than the one now dawning,
Leonardo drew the first strokes of the Mona Lisa,
Shakespeare wrote the first words of Hamlet,
Beethoven began work on his Ninth Symphony,
and Windows98 Crashed!"