(PM) New to list, and questions (fwd)

MegaZone (megazone@megazone.org)
Sun, 21 Feb 1999 01:27:03 -0800 (PST)

Once upon a time Steve Johnson shaped the electrons to say...
>all started witht eh V.90 upgrades. we are running hte current version of
>the comOS (ComOS 3.8.2) It seems Livingstons V.90 code is not 100%
>compatible with most of the modems out there (at least thats what it looks
>like) are any of you haveing problems? is Livingston planning on fixing
>this soon?

When you join a mailing list you really should hang out for a while
BEFORE posting - since you just asked about the number one thread of late,
it looks a bit silly. Just some advice.

1. NO ONE has 100% compatible modme code today - not Lucent, not Rockwell,
not 3Com. Welcome to hell, just like when V.34 was new. It is going to
be a while before this settles out, and there will never be 100% compatible
code from anyone.

2. Lucent's knows they have issues, and like everyone else they continue
to work on the modem code - both the server and client. Will the next rev
fix all of the issues? Probably not. I rather doubt it actually. It
is going to be an ongoing itterative process. It doesn't help matters
that while Lucent is working on thier server code, the others are changing
their client code and potentially creating a whole new round of issues.

-MZ

--
-=*X GOT CLUE? ISPF II - SAN DIEGO, CA 3/6-10 <URL:http://www.ispf.com/> X*=-
<URL:mailto:megazone@megazone.org> Gweep, Discordian, Author, Engineer, me..