Re: (PM) Re: (RADIUS) Encrypted-Password?

Roy (garlic@garlic.com)
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 19:04:29 -0800

The issue I have is that there in no Radius 2.1... I can't use the beta
because I need to modify the source. How is support@livingston supposed
to help me on that issue?

While the Java people are doing nice things and releasing all sorts of
code, Lucent says "not ready yet" on fixing problems in Radius 2.1,
COMOS 3.7.2 for the PM2, and 3.8.2 for the PM3. Maybe some reallocation
of resources is called for?

In the notes below, someone was thinking about betting his business by
switching to a FIVE MONTH old beta. I was recommending against that. A
conclusion that one might draw is that Radius 2.1 is a very broken piece
of code that they couldn't fix in five months.