Re: (PM) Off Topic, Win98 Redialing Automatically.

Mia's Virtual Post Office (list@mia.net)
Fri, 19 Feb 99 19:23:29 -0600

I don't work for Lucent RABU said:

>On Fri, 19 Feb 1999, Mia's Virtual Post Office wrote:
>
>> Hello, I have a dial up customer with Win98 and a USR External on a
>> Comcrapy Presario who's computer automatically redials the connection
>> after he disconnects. Also, whenever he restarts that puter, it
>> automatically dials. Any ideas as to how to stop it from doing this?
>
>Was it on this list or isp-tech... someone noted that Compaq has Backweb
>installed on newer computers. Apparently it's configured to look for
>updates and if it isn't online it'll start a connection to get them.

Yep, this was it.. The customer called me back about an hour ago to
confirm..

>Hey Jer! One more item on your "I HATE Compaq" list. ;)

bingo..

jer

"On a day no different than the one now dawning, Leonardo drew the first
strokes of the Mona Lisa, Shakespeare wrote the first words of Hamlet, and
Beethoven began work on his Ninth Symphony." And Windows98 Crashed!

COMPAQ Class Action Law Suit: http://members.aol.com/CClass450/index.htm