Re: (PM) looking for opinions - PM3 (fwd)

Jeff Haas (jmh@mail.msen.com)
Fri, 19 Feb 1999 18:01:59 -0500

On Thu, Feb 18, 1999 at 02:30:21PM -1000, I don't work for Lucent RABU wrote:
> > IOW, its not a formal support channel. It also doesn't
> > mean that problems described on here are taken care of.
>
> Which is a typical way of dealing with this. consider they do NOT have a
> ticketing system to deal with this mail list. They do however have a
> ticketing system setup for support@livingston.com. Now which will
> normally be the more efficient method of tracking support problems?

Last I heard (it may be different now), the phone ticket system and
the e-mail ticket systems are completely separate and never the two
meet. My procedure when I have a non-urgent ticket to file:

Open a ticket to support@livingston
either:
+ Get a response in the next day or two
- Call three weeks later and open a telephone ticket.

> Shit flows downhill
> and generally the higher you start the more that flows down. Perhaps
> rather than starting at the very top you could start with the head of the
> section you have a complaint with?

They're on this list. :-|
There's a beta out that we're testing which is 95% done (our
opinion), but they haven't done work on it since late last year...

--
Jeffrey Haas -+- jmh@msen.com -+- http://www.msen.com/~jmh
/\/\sen, Inc. "Michigan's Best Run Internet Service Provider."