Re: (PM) LT Winmodems

I don't work for Lucent RABU (livingston@iav.com)
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 14:38:42 -1000 (HST)

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Jon Hulett - Tech Director wrote:

> Summation on problems with PM3s on ComOS 3.8.x
>
> What's the story? Any advice or support from the manufacturer?

Grab latest LT firmware, I've used 5.32 and 5.39 with decent success, with
limiting the top connect rate.

Now the question is how many other devices does the customer have on that
line and the quality and routing of the telco signals? I have one where
it often takes 2-3 tries at the clients site to connect and most often it
will then be stable. However, at unspecified times (customer wasn't
tracking it) it'll just hook straight in.

*shrug* It may be easier (not cheaper) to run fibre ;)

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood Got Clue? If so: ISPF! The Forum for ISPs by ISPs, <http://www.ispf.com>