Re: (PM) looking for opinions - PM3 (fwd)

I don't work for Lucent RABU (livingston@iav.com)
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 14:30:21 -1000 (HST)

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Jeff Haas wrote:

> On Wed, Feb 17, 1999 at 06:16:26PM -0600, Jake Messinger wrote:
> > Ooh, this is gonna bug some people. I guarantee you that EVERYONE at
> > Livingston knows what goes on this list.
>
> I didn't say that they weren't aware. I said that it was officially
> ignored. IOW, its not a formal support channel. It also doesn't
> mean that problems described on here are taken care of.

Which is a typical way of dealing with this. consider they do NOT have a
ticketing system to deal with this mail list. They do however have a
ticketing system setup for support@livingston.com. Now which will
normally be the more efficient method of tracking support problems?

[snip]

> > You can always write a letter to Steve Willens.
>
> If you're having to deal with the president of the company in
> order to correct something that should be a daily operations item,
> then something is truly fscked with the company.

LOL, uhm, yeah... which is why when a customer was trying to get an AST
repaired from CompUSA, after 3 weeks got the number to the head of CompUSA
made a call and a week later he got a new computer. Shit flows downhill
and generally the higher you start the more that flows down. Perhaps
rather than starting at the very top you could start with the head of the
section you have a complaint with?

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood Got Clue? If so: ISPF! The Forum for ISPs by ISPs, <http://www.ispf.com>