Re: (PM) PM4: BUG ?? Duplicate Radius Accounting records?

Matthew S. Crocker (matthew@crocker.com)
Thu, 18 Feb 1999 10:36:33 -0500 (EST)

On Thu, 18 Feb 1999, Jeff Carneal wrote:

> I think I have your answer...when you get the box up, telnet in and
> periodically do a 'sh memory verbose'. Watch the MEM_RAD_BUFF and
> MEM_RADIUS lines, and see if the Bytes Used column climbs continuously.
> If it does, you have fallen victim to a bug we encountered a few weeks
> back.
>
> There's a bug in the radius accounting code that hemorrages memory until
> the box finally offs itself. The temporary fix is to 'set account
> 0.0.0.0' and 'set account 2 0.0.0.0'. The permanent fix is to get 4.0.3c1
> if you confirm this is the problem.

This could be the problem because it all started when I switched the
accounting server from one running radius_1.16+SQL to one running
Radius_2.01+SQL. I have since switched back to the old accounting server
and it hasn't crashed......

Make you go Hmmmmm?

-Matt

Matthew S. Crocker
Vice President / Internet Division Email: matthew@crocker.com
Crocker Communications Phone: (413) 587-3350
PO BOX 710 Fax: (413) 587-3352
Greenfield, MA 01302-0710 http://www.crocker.com