Re: (PM) "shotgun" modems?

Thomas Kinnen (tkinnen@livingston.com)
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 14:02:02 -0800

"Michael J. Davis" wrote:

> Has anyone had any experience in getting a user using "shotgun" technology
> working with a PM3?

Check the archives as a number of posts have coved this in the past.

> I am waiting on a user to try out a Diamond modem using this technology and
> was wondering if anything "special" needs to be done on my end.

Make sure the user does not have Port-Limit=1 in RADIUS or they will not be
able to make a MLPPP connection.

> I am running in an NT 4.0 environment if that makes any difference.

Most people find using Nt's built in MLPPP drivers works fine with the PM3.
On Windows 95/98 though the Diamond drivers work better in a number of cases.

--
----
Thomas C Kinnen - <tkinnen@livingston.com> <tkinnen@ra.lucent.com>