RE: (PM) Outlook Express

John W Baxter (jwblist@olympus.net)
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 09:58:23 -0800

At 3:04 +0300 2/17/99, Bob Love wrote:
> MOST of our customers (close to 2,000) use either OE or Outlook98
>
> MOST of them have problems, especially with very large mails.

We went through a period of a couple of months during which a
Microsoft marketing mailing list was sending messages which choked
older Microsoft mail clients. The problem hasn't been seen for a few
months (knowing a couple of MS Product Managers helped me feed the
problem back informally rather than through channels).

I didn't see a thing wrong with the messages (but I'm not RFC
compliant, either ;-) ), but the caused crashes or hangs in the
client.

And, oddly, I was just talking to a Windows support tech here about a
user whose Microsoft Outlook Express 4.72.3110.1 has choked on a
message...my reading of your message was interrupted by that call.

--John

--
John W. Baxter, Port Ludow, WA, USA   jwbaxter@olympus.net
I'm trying to think, but nothing happens.