Re: (PM) RE: Stuck PM3 ports

Jeff Haas (jmh@mail.msen.com)
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 11:26:03 -0500

On Tue, Feb 16, 1999 at 10:33:36AM -0500, David A. Allen wrote:
> > Oh, I just noticed that there are 2 multi-link interfaces that won't seem to
> > go away--ptp51 and ptp52. These are not bound to any active ports.
>
> I have seen this.
>
> This was an ISDN user using multilink. They called because they
> thought they were connected, but could not surf. This unit showed both
> chanels of this ISDN link as V ports and the user was not logged in
> anywhere else. I reset one of the V ports and the other dropped as well.
> The user logged back on and all was well.

Interesting. I encounter this problem on a semi-regular basis at home
whenever I'm doing any form of router testing for ISDN. It seems
easier to trigger when you are bouncing your connection without a
clean teardown. The result is that MP calls fail and that non MP
calls behave extremely peculiar. In each case, I have a static IP
address bound to them.

The static address seems bound to the V session and as a result it
has to be killed before things will get better.

Livingston: Have someone check the MCPPP code to verify that it has
a heartbeat to verify connections - we're getting zombies here.

--
Jeffrey Haas -+- jmh@msen.com -+- http://www.msen.com/~jmh
/\/\sen, Inc. "Michigan's Best Run Internet Service Provider."