RE: (PM) Outlook Express

Chris Wisecarver (chrisw1@mediasoft.net)
Wed, 17 Feb 1999 10:52:26 -0500

If you get a chance take a look at Outlook2000, this is the best mail
program I have ever used. I hate Outlook Express with a passion and I have
always used Eudora until now. M$ finally did something right other than
dos...

Chris Wisecarver
MediaSoft Internet Services

-----Original Message-----
From: owner-portmaster-users@livingston.com
[mailto:owner-portmaster-users@livingston.com]On Behalf Of Rick Davidson
Sent: Wednesday, February 17, 1999 8:49 AM
To: portmaster-users@livingston.com
Subject: Re: (PM) Outlook Express

We use Post.Office for our mail server software, we have been experiencing
the same problems. We have talked with software.com about this and they
said that MS has admitted that they didn't follow the standards closely
enough in the outlook product line (go figure! bastards!). Apparently (not
sure of exact details) it has something to do with improper use of control
characters in the message ID, the ill effects are seen on the download side
but could be caused by the sender using outlook products, I have seen
Netscape choke trying to download mail sent with outlook products. It seems
to hang the most on messages that are forwarded as attachments multiple
times (why do people do that) I must have cleaned 15 of those damn
electronic Christmas cards out of L'users mailboxes before Christmas! Yes
all outlook related. Well anyway, in true MS fashion they said they are not
going to fix it because it will be fixed in the new outlook versions, which
we will have to force everyone to upgrade to...

We haven't had much problems with the modem hangups but we have to delete
"stuck" messages at least twice a day. what we see is a user gets the same
messages over and over but it hangs on the same message, this repeats until
they call us. I will try the >90

Rick Davidson
Systems Administrator
Buckeye Internet Services, Ltd. http://www.buckeyeweb.com
Make SPAM illegal - Join CAUCE at http://www.cauce.org
Very funny, Scotty. Now beam down my clothes. - JT Kirk