Re: (PM) Outlook Express

Craig Baird (bairdc@xpressweb.com)
Tue, 16 Feb 1999 16:29:50 -0700

We had something similar happen to one of our users recently. However,
the symptoms were a little different, so I don't know if this will help
much.

Our user had a problem getting disconnected every time she tried to get
her mail with Outlook Express. She could surf the web without a
problem, but every time she tried to get mail, it would disconnect.

As it turns out, there is a setting in Outlook Express to automatically
disconnect after sending and receiving mail. It was a simple matter of
unchecking the box, and the problem was fixed.

Obviously, that doesn't explain why it only happens to your user during
peak times. I don't use OE, so I'm not very familiar with all its
settings. Is there some sort of timeout setting in OE--maybe during
peak times your mail server is not responding quickly enough, so OE is
giving up???? Just a guess from an OE outsider... Have you checked
your mail logs to see if he is reaching the mail server at all during
those times?

Craig
Xpressweb Internet Services
bairdc@xpressweb.com