Re: (PM) PM3 cannot ping network

Thomas Kinnen (tkinnen@livingston.com)
Mon, 15 Feb 1999 15:04:34 -0800

Dan Klopfer wrote:

> I tried another cable and same results. I tried plugging it into another
> port om my switch and it worked. Then did another ping and it did not work.
> Then did another ping and it worked.

Have you powered cycled the switch? Also check MAC to IP mappings using ARP.
I've seen this same behavor in networks where two pices of equipment were
using the asame IP address and in once case where a customer had NIC's that
had the same MAC address (Yes, they realy did).

Also check to make sure an Address pool is not set to 1 extra IP for C0 and
this si causing it to walk over another boxes IP address.

----
Thomas C Kinnen - <tkinnen@livingston.com> <tkinnen@ra.lucent.com>
"All of the opinions stated above are my own and not my employer's,
unless they were given to me by my employer"