Re: (PM) Disconnections - WHO KNOWS

Mark Zedwick (zedwickm@proaxis.com)
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 08:49:18 -0800

A Supra FAX 28.8 or Supra FAX 33.6 external modem has a display on front
that can be set to display %Q ans %L, values for line quality and signal
strength. My installers carry them with them to demonstrate/test peoples
setups for them. The Supra FAX will connect over phones lines when other
modems won't. I've seen it connect at 26.4k when a USR couldn't keep 21.6k
from dropping.

At 06:15 PM 2/5/99 -0600, you wrote:
>HI
>
>PM3 - 3.8.2
>
>How can we determine if customers getting frequent disconnections are being
>disconnected by the PM or if the entire problem is caused by defective
>phone lines/customer equipment. I know all about telling them to get
>updated software, comma's, etc.
>
>They get the Telco to come to their home, telco tests the line with a 14.4
>modem to a special number at the telco (long distance) and convince the
>customer that the problem is with the ISP, and that it's all my fault.
>
>Is there a definitive test to prove where the problem resides? The kicker
>is that they can log into the other guys equipment (ascend, I think)
>without a problem. Even through FX and call forwarding.
>
>This let's me know either:
>The route from them to me is horrible (what can I do, my CT1's show NO errors)
>The route to the competition is better (what can I do)
>
>I not only want to keep them as customers, and don't want to get a bad rep
>either.
>
>JOhn :}
>

>John C. Lange, Sr. PALACE dot NET, INC.
>microjl@palacenet.net MICRO-TECH Computers, Inc.
>608.742.1601 & 6980 1819 New Pinery Road
>http://www.palacenet.net/ Portage, WI 53901
>Authorized iPSwitch WebVar @ http://www.microt.com/iPSwitch/
>
> --- __o
> --- _-\<,_ Fastest Service in Town
>-
>To unsubscribe, email 'majordomo@livingston.com' with
>'unsubscribe portmaster-users' in the body of the message.

Mark Zedwick ProAxis Technical Support

==================================================== "Minds are like Parachutes. Open or closed, they only function if you use them."