RE: (PM) PPPSmartAgent 1.0b5 available for open-beta

Frank Heinzius (frimp@mms.de)
Fri, 12 Feb 1999 15:36:21 +0100

Hiya,

On 11 Feb 99, at 14:47, Stephen Zedalis wrote:

> Seems to me that if a telnet session
> closes, debugging should automatically be turned off. I'd live with the
> fact that even if I logged out of telnet on one session, it turned off
> debugging in another. But thats me :)

Yes, itīs not only a security issue. Open debug sessions on network device consoles (like
those assigned to a telnet session) are buffered within the Portmaster. The debugging
itself eats up CPU time, and the buffer gets filled up. You would see error messages on
the console (heehee) that the buffer gets cleared ;-)

At least, Lucent should implement three commands:

show console - shows open console interfaces
show debug - shows which debug flags are set
set auto-debug-off on|off - sets debug and console automatically off, when the console
device gets offline (closed telnet or lost DTR on S/C-ports)

This is an RFE, guys ;-)

Kind Regards / Mit freundlichen Gruessen,

--
Frank M. Heinzius               MMS Communication AG
mailto:frimp@mms.de             Eiffestrasse 598