Re: (PM) what is the bounces mailing list

Thomas Kinnen (tom@lcp.livingston.com)
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 14:05:32 -0800 (PST)

On Thu, 11 Feb 1999, Michael R. Anderson wrote:

> hi all, I just received this. Anybody know what it is?
>
> Welcome to the bounces mailing list!

It means you mail was bouncing.

If anyone gets a message like this then mail to one of your address was
bouncing and you account for that mail list was moved from the main mail
list to the bounces mail list.

it can be cause by any number of things such as a mail server being down,
your mail box being full, the account showing up as non-existant, and so
on.

----
Thomas C Kinnen - <tkinnen@livingston.com> <tkinnen@ra.lucent.com>
"All of the opinions stated above are my own and not my employer's,
unless they were given to me by my employer"