Re: (PM) Portmaster 3 / ISDN problem and errors...

Richard Morrell (portmaster@ednet.co.uk)
Thu, 11 Feb 1999 12:34:11 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 10 Feb 1999, I don't work for Lucent RABU wrote:

> Bo, you didn't mention line type (E1?) or switch.

It will ETSI (aka NET5) or "EuroISDN" as you like to call it Sherwood.
:-) From memory, C&W use some sort of Nokia switch, you'll have to ask
them what model/level of ETSI support.

> Isn't this again the timing problem that PM3s have.... something about
> it's doing one phase in 30ms and the telco wants 130ms?

Not sure. From what I was told, it isn't reseting the D-channel fast
enough after it receives a certain number of bad frames from the switch.
Maybe someone from Lucent could clear the whole issue up and give us a
status report?

--
Richard Morrell                                           richard@ednet.co.uk
System Administrator - edNET: Internet Access for Edinburgh - www.ednet.co.uk