Re: (PM) PM doesnt recognize ISDN hangup

I don't work for Lucent RABU (livingston@iav.com)
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 14:32:43 -1000 (HST)

On Wed, 10 Feb 1999, Axel Klatt wrote:

> Thomas Kinnen wrote:
> >
> > Axel Klatt wrote:
> >
> > > Our PM 3E2 is making problems. After disconnecting a ppp
> > > dialin session from the remote-end, the connection on
> > > the PM is still alive :-( ...so the user is not able to
> >
> > Have you tried running a ISDN debug to see if the PM is getting the
> > message to clear the call from the switch? Does any disconnect message
> > show up in syslog or RADIUS?
>
> Because the problem occurs not that often, so I haven't caught
> such a debugging message. But in RADIUS the user seems to
> be still online after such a disconnection ... which is the
> other problem that makes it impossible to do exact time
> accounting of the users.

Thomas, if you reset a port, does the PM3 send a stop record to RADIUS for
the user that was on that port? (this is an aside)

I'd think Axel has to find -how- the user is disconnecting and then
proceed to why the port is not being released. 8( debugs are probably the
only way....

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood Got Clue? If so: ISPF! The Forum for ISPs by ISPs, <http://www.ispf.com>