Re: (PM) USR Sportster Modems

I don't work for Lucent RABU (livingston@iav.com)
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 14:25:54 -1000 (HST)

On Tue, 2 Feb 1999, Dewayne Hayes wrote:

> I have a PM2e with USR Sportster 56k ext modems attached for dial-in. I
> have been getting very poor connection speeds (<26400). I looked at the
> modems configuration and noticed that they had never been updated to
> V.90. I went to the usr update page and upgraded to V.90. the config of
> the modems now shows V.90 capable but now the modems will not allow
> connections. The baud rate in the modem config is showing 57600. Do I
> need to change that to 115200. If so, What is the string to do it with?

Lock them to v.34 ONLY! You cannot get X2/v.90 on incoming calls on
those. I don't have a AT command set for the USR handy... hopefully
someone will give you one or www.808hi.com/56k will have a listing for
this.

A lil note baud rate is a depreciated term ... the modem config is in bps
(bits per second) Hmm, depends on what you Sportsters like, you need to
know how this is done... change serial port speed to 115200, then atz etc
so that the modem responds then at&w (make sure you have the right
settings) to 'save' the serial port speed. If it was working previously
at 57600 I wouldn't touch it personally. I would just lock the modems to
v.34.

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood Got Clue? If so: ISPF! The Forum for ISPs by ISPs, <http://www.ispf.com>