RE: (PM) Portmaster 3 / ISDN problem and errors...

Richard Morrell (portmaster@ednet.co.uk)
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 17:11:57 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 10 Feb 1999, James Courtier-Dutton wrote:

> ComOS 3.8.2 should and does (as far as I know) work on any PRI which worked
> with ComOS 3.7.2c3

Bzzzt. Wrong answer. ComOS 3.8 introduced a bug in the way that certain
PRI D-channel synchronisation situations are handled on ETSI PRI. AFAIK,
there was no change to the PRI code in ComOS 3.8.2 (according to our
distributors, the ComOS 3.8.2 release notes and everyone I've talked to at
Lucent).

> But ComOS 3.8.2 should have fixed that.

But it didn't. The main difference between ComOS 3.8 and 3.8.2 is the way
in which it handles the situation. ComOS 3.8 just brings the PRI up and
down to try and clear the problem (which it doesn't succeed in doing,
requiring manual intravention). ComOS 3.8.2 just reboots itself when it
gets into trouble (someone from Switzerland could get one of his to reboot
just by doing a "show S??").

James, you didn't include a sig but from your email address I take it that
you work for Livingston in the UK? Do you know if they are any closer to
releasing a fix for this?

Regards,

--
Richard Morrell                                           richard@ednet.co.uk