(PM) Non-T1 customers

Richard Morrell (portmaster@ednet.co.uk)
Wed, 10 Feb 1999 13:01:02 +0000 (GMT)

On Wed, 3 Feb 1999, Gary Allpike wrote:

> Lucent dont give a damn about the problems, in fact, they dont even seem
> to think anyone outside the US uses their product.

Despite the re-assurances I've had from local Lucent people, I think that
non-US customers are definitely on a lower priority. I guess they just
don't sell as many ports overseas, but you can begin to understand why
that is.

> I have gone from being a Lucent fan, to regretting I ever purchased any of
> their term servers. You may have to pay for IOS updates sometimes, but at
> least cisco will fix their damn bugs.

I used to be a big fan too, but I'm slowly being converted to the dark
side. I'm having a 5200 series on evaluation in a few days, a couple of
months ago I wouldn't have touched it with yours.

--
Richard Morrell                                           richard@ednet.co.uk
System Administrator - edNET: Internet Access for Edinburgh - www.ednet.co.uk