Re: (PM) Attaching to a serial port / modem on a PM3

Thomas Kinnen (tkinnen@livingston.com)
Tue, 09 Feb 1999 22:12:07 -0800

> "Donald E. Zelenak Jr." wrote:

<PARROT MODE>
Please no HTML on the mail list
</PARROT MODE>

> I have a modem that shows down (M17, and I believe that I have a 10
> port card in that slot, It would sho m10-m17 ready anyway if I had the
> 8 port card in that slot, correct?)
> I did a set m17 off, then set m17 on. It then toggles between TEST /
> ERROR. If I turn it off, it shows ADMIN.
> Most likely I have a bad modem.. Correct?
> And also, (Since I only have 48 in the PM3) If I set m17 off, will it
> busy out the 24th trunk?

Try res eatting the card and also moving it to a new slot. If the
problem follows the card then open up a ticket with support as you may
have a bad modem. Also if you can a power cycle may help.

----
Thomas C Kinnen - <tkinnen@livingston.com> <tkinnen@ra.lucent.com>
"All of the opinions stated above are my own and not my employer's,
unless they were given to me by my employer"