Re: (PM) Multilink ppp

I don't work for Lucent RABU (livingston@iav.com)
Mon, 8 Feb 1999 23:19:09 -1000 (HST)

On Tue, 9 Feb 1999, Muditha Gunatilake wrote:

> Hi Guys,
>
> I have a customer wanting multilink ppp so that he can connect two
> modems from his NT server. I have PM2E with COMOS 3.7.2 & PM3 with COMOS
> 3.7.2.

ISDN or Analog? If ISDN then in RADIUS Port-Limit = 2 as a minimum, if
Analog the Port-Limit applies also, BUT you need to use ComOS 3.8.2 (well
there are some betas, but if you have problems with those you will NOT get
help)

In addition, if you have multiple PM3s then set endpoint (12digit-hex) to
be the same on all so that you can do MCPPP (Multi-Chassis PPP).

> At present users get logged on with random ip addresses except for those
> I have given fixed ips when they logon to the portmasters. I want both
> systems to work...

MP doesn't care, since even with more than 2 connections on the same MP
the IP address is the same. This is whether it's static or dynamically
assigned.

Also check archives, www.livingston.com, www.nexial.nl and I believe if
you do a quick search at www.livngston.com you'll find a few technotes.

8)