Re: (PM) Cardinal 33.6 -> PM3 Init?

info@sltic.com
Mon, 08 Feb 1999 10:50:56 -0600

At 10:17 AM 2/8/99 -0600, Paul Robinson wrote:
>On Sat, Feb 06, 1999 at 07:20:37PM -1000, I don't work for Lucent RABU wrote:
>> On Sat, 6 Feb 1999 info@sltic.com wrote:
>>
>> ?? Which ComOS?

<doh> 3.8 </doh>

>> Normally the default settings work just dandy...
>>

>*boggle*
>
>I agree. I'm not sure of the exact model # as I'm not near the modem at the
>moment, but I've been using a Cardinal 33.6k Voice/Spkr. (not a Connecta)
from
>home for about a year now. Using latest drivers, etc., and absolutely no
>tweaks, commas, or anything else. I get 31.2k or higher every single time
and
>haven't ever had it 'fail' negotiation. In short, it would seem that the
>answer to this question is 'nothing!'. I'd go so far as to say the problem
>might be elsewhere - or perhaps the user has plugged something in to the
>configs that has it confused?

I went through all the setting with him and he didn't have any extra settings
or other config problems that I saw. And you know users *never* change
anything that would cause problems :) I'm going to talk him through
uninstalling/reinstalling the modem to see if we can get it back to factory
default conditions and work from there.

Thanks for the help,

Bruce
info@sltic.com