Re: (PM) Fast Busy probably not a PM problem

I don't work for Lucent RABU (livingston@iav.com)
Fri, 5 Feb 1999 13:00:43 -1000 (HST)

On Fri, 5 Feb 1999, John W Baxter wrote:

> At 14:16 -0600 2/5/99, Jim Brill wrote:
> > I don't see how a problem with a Portmaster could cause fast busy, it would
> > just result in a normal busy. Call your phone company.
>
> One example where--seemingly--the PM3 was involved (conspiring with
> the telco switch, probably).
>
> On a DMS-10 switch, we would get occasional fast busies (plenty of
> capacity in the line). The telco did some measuring (both for us and
> for other PM3 users with the same problem) and determined that the
> PM3 was doing something a bit before the switch was ready. Changing
> from 0 digits of called number to one digit cured the
> problem...presumably by changing the timing.

isn't that timing problem is related to the euro switches also? the PM3
was going too fast for the telco switch at some point.... it's in archives
somewhere..

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood Got Clue? If so: ISPF! The Forum for ISPs by ISPs, <http://www.ispf.com>