Re: EOL products (was Re: (PM) How old are you now?) (fwd)

I don't work for Lucent RABU (livingston@iav.com)
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 17:45:31 -1000 (HST)

On Wed, 3 Feb 1999, MegaZone wrote:

> Once upon a time I don't work for Lucent RABU shaped the electrons to say...
> >If LRABU could send a rep to the ISPF2 Living Room and talk shop with the
>
> That'd be nice - but Lucent apparently decided that ISPF wasn't big
> enough and will not be exhibiting there this year. I'm personally rather
> upset about that, but such is life.

The take is that they said they were promised 4000-5000 attendees. I
don't know if this was true, but I don't recall ISPF making a claim of
that magnitude. Somewhere around 300-400 (I don't remember the counts)
were there, thus it wasn't justified for the expense they had made to
sponsor...

Personal feeling is that someone in Marketing/Sales dropped the ball and
didn't do their research. If they had done so, they would have realized
that clue and decision makers would be the majority of attendees and the
marketing should reflect that fact. Bells and whistles with lots of
glizty bullshit wouldn't be required. If anything, getting some beta
engineers out, to talk with the ISPs would have propably done more for PR
and also give a warm-fuzzy on future purchases.

*shrug* I'd still like to push them to have a simple presence. Again,
more to do PR than heavy marketing. If #inet-access is any indication,
LRABU is VERY strong in units out there, but ISPs are looking for a route
to shoot the bull and see if their issues can be resolved. Much are other
PM owners helping others out and that speaks lots to me, since it's a
friendly environment.

Keeping LRABU ISP friendly can only help sales in the long run.

8)

Just A Thought...

--
Aloha from Paradise,