Re: (PM) Session time out warning

Thomas Kinnen (tkinnen@livingston.com)
Wed, 03 Feb 1999 14:27:45 -0800

Kris Rallapalli wrote:

Please be careful of the multiple CC list.

> Glad to see the interest and discussion on my posting about session timeout
> warning. My thought was if Radius is keeping track of the session time of an
> authenticated user, it should be possible to make a window to pop-out (or a
> banner) alerting the impending session termination. Lot of "free" internet
> services use banners to show their ads.

The Radius Server does not track the on-line time and issue the disconnect.
The NAS does. The Radius server is out of the picture once it sends the
session config information to the NAS. Also you then have the cross platform
issues of the notifiter. There was athread on this last week.

----
Thomas C Kinnen - <tkinnen@livingston.com> <tkinnen@ra.lucent.com>
"All of the opinions stated above are my own and not my employer's,
unless they were given to me by my employer"