RE: (PM) Re: PM2 production

MikeK@NetDotCom (may@nm.net)
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 13:56:16 -0700

-----Original Message-----

On Wed, 3 Feb 1999, Brian Elfert wrote:

>> > portmaster 2 and 25 into production?
>>
>> They stopped producing them?
>
>Yes. If you remember, it was more or less announced on the list by a
>livingston employee. But the story is Lucent told em to build em again.

You mean the platform that I have almost 30 cities running on- (just added a
new city)
The one we were considering buying BRI cards for- (USW finally is offering
ISDN in New Mexico albeit at a high rates)
Which was my purpose for joining this list- (Wanted to see others comments)

They were discontinuing the line... Well I'm glad I finally joined the list.

For little towns like Hobbs, New Mexico I only have need for less than half
a T1 of modem lines. Definitely not cost effective for a PM3 with trunked
service in New Mexico. The same With BRI service compared to PRI service.
I can put BRI #'s on a rotor until I have enough usage to justify a PRI.

They had a great upgrade path, without cutting out the low end market.'

Sorry for my ranting

Ed May
Network Engineer
My opinions are my own, and not that of the company I work for, unless crap
like this happens, in which case that can change.