Re: (PM) What ever happened to?

Al Hopper (al@logical-approach.com)
Wed, 3 Feb 1999 08:30:00 -0600 (CST)

On Tue, 2 Feb 1999, Robert Du Gaue wrote:

> > Im getting discouraged. I havent seen any upgrades for the pm 2, irx, or
> > OR series for over a year. The OR series is in DIRE need of an upgrade to
> > be competitive.
>
> I second that. The ISDN-OR *needs* to get NAT! The number of times I'd
> much perfer to go with Livingston, but instead have to get something else
> because of this one feature not there is growing. With IP space getting
> tight by the day from ARIN (and having to pay for it), many of us prefer
> to go the 1 IP method. It's usually easier and for the most part the end
> user that's doing typical stuff doesn't need to have IPs routed to them.
> Please get this done!

And we are replacing perfectly good OR-Us in the field with alternatives in
order to get the features we need to retain the account (BACP, NAT). Also
with more interest in VPNs it looks like we'll be deploying Cisco devices.
The depressing part is that livingston is chasing a moving target - so it
appears that they are slipping *further* behind month by month.

Al Hopper Logical Approach Inc, Plano, TX. al@logical-approach.com
Voice: 972-379-2133 Fax: 972-379-2134
For a Good Time (TM), checkout: www.retards.com