Re: (PM) Incompatible Modems

I don't work for Lucent RABU (livingston@iav.com)
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 16:26:12 -1000 (HST)

On Fri, 20 Nov 1998, Gilbert Bollinger wrote:

> Is anyone else having a lot of modem compatiblity issues and if so have you
> resolved them?
> I have problems with LT WinModems, Acer modems... Those are just the ones
> off the top of my head.

How long have you watched this list?

Yes there are MANY issues... unfortunately, what may work for one site
doesn't always hold true for another.

Main issue to watch out for: LATEST FIRMWARE!
Other issues v.8bis tone confusing v.90 (use 1-6 commas to work-around),
too aggressive negotiation by client modem (limit ceiling)

LOOK THROUGH THE ARCHIVES! You just might find the exact solution to a
particular modem.

Try this page also:

<URL:http://808hi.com/56k/index.htm>

Do I sound like a martinet? I hope so... 8) just a modicum of
elbow-grease and you too can find your answers ;)

Have a nice weekend!

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood