Swapping CT1s between chassis (was Re: (PM) Big Question)

I don't work for Lucent RABU (livingston@iav.com)
Fri, 20 Nov 1998 16:15:26 -1000 (HST)

On Fri, 20 Nov 1998, Mia's Virtual Post Office wrote:

> Have a big question. I have another CT-1 going in next week and have
> this scenario in mind.
> The CT-1 is to add to capacity in a growing area. The current area has a
> PM3 2T full and a PM31T. I have a PM3 2T going to another calling area
> (CO) that has one T open. What I want to do is pull the ether plug on
> this 2T and plug it into the 1T, then plug the one that is in the 1T into
> the 2T and then plug the new CT1 into that 2T. I would like to do this
> keep this calling area on its own chassis. All of my circuits are CT-1's
> and are all provisioned the same and the PM3's are all set up the same.
> The only difference is that the CT-1 in the PM3 1T is through a remote 5E
> and the CT-1 in the PM3 2T is through a Seimens. I am assuming I should
> just be able to swap ether lines between the two units seamlessly, aside
> from booting any one on the units? Should I have any concerns here?

Jer,

1) PLEASE make the subject line descriptive!
2) As long as all the telco switch settings are the same for all the CT1
you don't have to worry. If one uses AMI and the other doesn't then
you'll have to reconfigure the lineX as appropriate. Otherwise, remember
that if you switch you'll get alarms unless you reboot/power-cycle. So
take that into consideration... Like if you don't want to reboot, log the
alarms and errors down so you have a base line to look at (do this after
the lines stabalize and you have a few calls authenticated)

8)

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood