Re: (PM) PMVision

Andrew Doolittle (andy@livingston.com)
Wed, 29 Jul 1998 13:31:09 -0700

At 04:03 PM 7/29/98 -0400, Lisa Casey wrote:
>Hi,
>
>I've been reading on this list about PMVision, and would like to check it
>out. I am using a PM3 with ComOS 3.7.2c3. I believe I'll have to upgrade my
>ComOS in order to use PMVision? If so, which ComOS would I need to upgrade
>to and how stable is that ComOS as compared to 3.7.2c3?

You can run PMVision against 3.7.2, but you don't get all the cool stuff.
What you get is:

Configuration for:
Global
RADIUS
Choicenet
Locations
Users
Filters
Ports
Ethernet

ComOS Upgrade
Backup of subsystems listed above
Restore of any file in CLI format

No monitor with blinkey lights, no debug messages, no command line

>Can someone give me a URL to find out more about PMVision?

Uhhh, stay tuned 8-)

>Thanks,
>
>Lisa Casey
>Interstate 2000, Inc.
>lisa@jellico.com
>

>-
>To unsubscribe, email 'majordomo@livingston.com' with
>'unsubscribe portmaster-users' in the body of the message.

andy
++++
Manager, Network Management Systems Engineering andy@livingston.com
Lucent Technologies, Remote Access Business Unit (925)737-2151
4464 Willow Road http://www.livingston.com
Pleasanton, CA 94588 http://www.lucent.com