Re: {portmaster-users} (PM) Incorrect Acct-Termination-Cause

Miquel van Smoorenburg (list-portmaster-users@news.cistron.nl)
29 Jul 1998 20:05:33 GMT

In article <000e01bdbb0d$b6d037f0$3387adcf@calweb.com>,
Jason Fesler <jfesler@calweb.com> wrote:
>> $ grep Vendor-Specific detail | sort -u
>> Vendor-Specific = "V307:T2:L14:Host Request"
>
>Hm, in what format are they being reported? All I get is "307" :-) but

V = Vendor T = Type L = Length. This is exactly how the Vendor-Specific
attribute is encoded if you read the RFC.. as I said it's rudimentary
output.

>don't mind doing my own hacks, if the data is actually there to extract.
>Trying to extract it from syslog and correlate the data is not pleasant
>at all. More so, I'd much like to get the data to trail the user, when
>possible, to show histories of problems for specific users (already
>tracking their port speeds, bandwidth used, etc)

The format of Vendor-Specific is in the latest RFCs. I'll send you some
code by email.

Mike.

--
 Miquel van Smoorenburg | Our vision is to speed up time,
    miquels@cistron.nl  |   eventually eliminating it.