Re: (PM) ISDN "callback" service??

Douglas Michaud (admin6@teleport.com)
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 09:01:13 -0700

In message <35BDEC87.C95843D7@ispi.net>, jason_port writes:
>I understand you can arrange an ISDN connection where the customer dials
>you, then hangs up and you dial them back again, automatically?

yep, callback is available with many services.

>This lets them avoid the usual per-minute charge applied to ISDN
>connections.

Not necessarily. Your customer may avoid charges, but you might
not. Check with your PRI provider (this is a PRI right ?) to see
what sort of outbound rates you are set to get. Lax on a little
research here may show up later in the form of a large phone bill.

-------
Douglas Michaud, {dmichaud|admin6}@teleport.com, Teleport Engineering
PGP Id=FADF93C5, Fprint=B9 04 FD FA E7 4C 83 69 DD 45 E2 D2 17 D5 DD 2F