Re: (PM) Portmaster mem

Tom (tom@sdf.com)
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 08:15:11 -0700 (PDT)

On Tue, 28 Jul 1998, James Lunghabo wrote:

> > Most likely it is your Internet access. It seems that your link to the
> > Internet is a rather overloaded. Most of this lag is one the leg between
> > taide.net and starcom.ug.
>
> My complaint is about the speed it takes to authenticate. I have tried
> using the radius -b option to no avail.

You should say that then. It is almost certainly the RADIUS server, or
the network between your RADIUS server and the Portmaster. How much idle
time does the server running RADIUS have? How long do pings between the
server and the Portmaster take, and are any packets lost?

> PS: I dont have no manuals here. The previous admin must have lost them. I
> tried contacting Livingston concerning that and when I sent them my
> serial numbers, all they did was to tell me that they are not in their
> records. So I am back to zero :(

The manuals are online in both HTML and PDF format.

Livingston isn't going to send free manuals to anybody.

> James

Tom