Re: (PM) Ugly (but handy) debugging tool

Stephen Zedalis (tintype@exis.net)
Tue, 28 Jul 1998 11:43:02 -0400 (EDT)

Nice script, BUT...

Due to the feature and/or bug referred to recently on this list, this is
an incredibly dangerous script to run without adequate filtering at all
your border routers, terminal servers and shell/colocate machines to
prevent telnet from unauthorized sources.

Specifically, your script does not properly turn off debugging when it is
done before closing out the telnet sessions. If someone were to modify
the debugging to look at and translate login authentications and the
script were to fail for any reason, the usernames and passwords would be
possibly be available to anyone else telneting in.

Take Care

Stephen Zedalis
System Administrator - Exis Net, Inc.