Re: (PM) USR X2 v.90 slow speeds?

Chris Steva (csteva@penn.com)
Sat, 25 Jul 1998 00:09:22 -0400

I would say that the existance of an error correction protocol and
compression in the connection is almost as important as the connect speed
itself. Compression can allow for a throughput of twice that of the
connection speed in many cases and error correction is a must for stable
connections in my expirience. Try checking their modem settings to make
sure that in Win95 Use error control and Compress Data are checked in the
advanced modem settings. If so, try forcing them with "&K1&M5" in the
extra settings field.

Chris
Penncom Internet Company