Re: (PM) PM3 and OSPF

Tom (tom@sdf.com)
Fri, 24 Jul 1998 09:16:12 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 24 Jul 1998, Steve Walker wrote:

> Radius for Dynamic User:
>
> mrfoo Password = "bar"
> Service-Type = Framed-User,
> Framed-Protocol = PPP,
> Framed-IP-Address = 255.255.255.254,
> Framed-IP-Netmask = 255.255.255.255,
> Framed-Routing = None,
> Framed-Compression = Van-Jacobson-TCP-IP,
> Framed-MTU = 1500,
> Port-Limit = 1,
> Idle-Timeout = 1200

Framed-Compression and Framed-MTU are unnecessary as the client will
negotiate what it wants.

> Diff for Static:
>
> Framed-IP-Address = 195.112.36.67,
> Framed-Route = "195.112.36.67 195.112.36.67 1",

The Framed-Route is wrong and should be removed. The Framed-IP-Address
already sets up an implied route for the one IP.

> These are our default radius entires as per the USR (Tweaked for the PM) but
> they worked fine before minus all the Framed-Netmask and Framed-Route
> addin's So moving on *I* dial in as mrfoo and have my dynamic IP i will be
> able to 100% ping ANY address that is NOT 112.37.* or 112.36.* So i aim for

Most likely because those things in your office don't know how to get
back to you. You should describe how you network fits together: what LAN
segments you have, and where the routers are that connect them.

> MS www or www.foobar.com and i will always get a reply if i try and ping
> into our office say 195.112.37.161 i cant and it times out this might happen
> when i connet or after say 5 mins of connect time. Then i recoonect as a
> STATIC ip and a temp route added i again might get a reply for a few min's
> or not at all, i then disconnect and reconnect it will be fine - again for
> 2-3 hr's or only 5 mins so we have proved it is not just statis users who
> suffer.
>
> We have the IP;'s ...112.36.*(DialUP) and ...112.37.*(Building) and the
> ...112.45.*(PM3's etc)

> The PM3 is 195.112.45.28 and we route 112.37. into our building and 112.36.
> to the dialup pool and the Dynamic and Static come from the same pool of
> IP;s. My concern is the OSPF is either bad? or not setup properly the USR
> used RIP before and we never had any probs the routing is all the same no
> changes to IP;s we swapped it for a PM3 gave it the same IP and then enabled
> OSPF as the CISCO supports it and these problems show up from then onwards.

What IP is the Cisco?

> Please can someone help us either use RIP <g> or show us what we have done
> wrong, i have been thou the book and the only thing i see wrong is the Area
> 0.0.0.0 ? as all the book examples show Area 195.112.37.0 Net/Range
> 195.112.37.1 <- Example for us.. and we have only 0.0.0.0 - is this the
> problem? Im sorry if this is a nasty long email i wanted to provide as much
> information as possible withour 10-15 post;s adding a line at a time...

Your whole description is a confusing as hell... but what netmask is the
PM3 using (show ether0)? I guess everything is on one LAN segment?

> Mucho thanks,
>

> Steve Walker
> Technical Support
> Bucks.Net