Re: (PM) New website www.livingston.com

Mia's Virtual Post Office (list@mia.net)
Thu, 23 Jul 98 11:14:47 -0000

Don Lashier said on 7/22/98 7:55 AM

>On 7/21/98, at 9:33 PM, I don't work for Lucent RABU wrote:
>
>>I'm putting out a call for people to e-mail me on whether they
>>
>>do [ ]
>>
>>do not [ x]
>>
>>like Lucent RABUs new site
>>
>>and other commentaries...
>
>It's totally hosed under Explorer 3.02, text overwrites itself
>and all sorts of stuff. Works ok in NS4, but I think the new
>site is butt-ugly. And why do they need all that java code
>anyway, java is for the server side - client side java is passe -
>plus a lot of people have it turned off or use browsers that
>don't support it, or where it's broken, like with Explorer.

Maybe the clear message here is to use a "Real" Browser, like Netscape.
If so many people are having trouble veiwing the site with IE, then it
looks to me like an IE problem.

Ameritech, Our Link To Disaster

"On a day no different than the one now dawning, Leonardo drew the first
strokes of the Mona Lisa, Shakespeare wrote the first words of Hamlet, and
Beethoven began work on his Ninth Symphony." And Windows98 Crashed!