Re: (PM) New website looks ok - but has several issues.

I don't work for Lucent RABU (livingston@iav.com)
Wed, 22 Jul 1998 12:50:51 -1000 (HST)

On Wed, 22 Jul 1998, Eric Launder wrote:

> At 02:37 PM 7/22/98 -0700, MegaZone wrote:
>
> **snip**
>

> >I think the site can work, the content still seems to be there and in
> >relatively the same location, it is really a cosmetic change. But some
> >of the obvious links are hidden in pop-ups now, and functionality for all
> >browsers has suffered. If those get addressed I think it would work
> >better.
> >
> >Just don't let any marketing folks make them add MORE images or scripting,
> >that would just degrade things.
>
> Oh heaven forbid!!!! Don't let anyone in marketing touch the web
> page...such simpletons could never understand the overwhelming complexities
> of the web and proper html formatting!!!!!

WHAT!?!!? I'm offensive by that remark!! ;) I don't care for
run-of-the-mill marketers, but I do have to use that hat being part of a
small company... and I think such a generalization is a bit cruel...

My personal take is that the website needs to be broken up into sections
with different oversights per section. Yes, there needs to be an
over-riding theme/look for the site, yet, the technical section should be
looked over by either the support guys or users from outside to get
feedback on the usability.

The product section and company info should be done by the marketers but
some review for ease should again be done by an outsider.

;) glad that the web people are getting these comments... would they care
to give us some feedback?

--
Aloha from Paradise,

Sherwood