Re: (PM) Two weeks later, and still no working ComOS

Florian Lohoff (flo@mini.gt.owl.de)
Sun, 19 Jul 1998 17:24:43 +0200

On Sat, Jul 18, 1998 at 05:35:28PM +0200, Blaz Zupan wrote:
> > So i think ill go for an used Max4k.
>
> Please don't. You'll regret it. I will never touch an Ascend again after
> being burned on 3 different platforms (Max 200+, Max 1800, Max 4000) by
> horrible bugs. In 2 years they were not able to provide a stable release
> for a customers Max 200+ (installed everything from 4.6C to 6.1). Even the
> local distributor admitted, that they regret ever starting a distribution
> agreement with Ascend.

The have bugs i know, but we can deal with this. Having a couple of them
>100 Max4Ks running on an 5.0 engineering release after which the modem
code went worse.

> But I really do believe that Lucent will have to get their act together
> and start producing some stable code (not to mention more quick updates),
> otherwise they will quickly head where Ascend is now. I have the strange
> feeling that the Livingston/Lucent merger produced this situation. This is
> all only my opinion of course.

Same with USR/3Com ... companies need a bit to reorganize internally but
this is really bad for customers ...

Flo

--
Florian Lohoff		flo@mini.gt.owl.de      	+49-5241-470566